Navigation

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Creative Ladies: Chelsea from Sketchy Notions


Hello! My name is Chelsea and I am the eccentric artist and maker behind Sketchy Notions! 
My favourite thing about my job is being challenged and inspired by my clients and the things they ask me to create. It's a pretty incredible and lucky job to have. Being able to sit and watercolor for hours on end is a nice perk too.
If I wasn't an artist, I would love to explore stunt driving! It's kind of a family tradition.
If you knew me in real life, you would know that I'm a recovering procrastinator and yet very detail oriented. I also tend to hoard art supplies, I know I'll find a use for it all one day...
People are always telling me that I am ...honestly, no one tells me much. I tend to be a homebody, I'd have to leave my art bubble for someone to tell me something! 
If I had to choose one place to live for the rest of my life, it would be Carpinteria, California (with regular visits to Italy!) When I'm not working, I love to cook and bake, I'm trying to be more ambitious with my cooking this year. Chances are I'm plotting or daydreaming my next adventure too.
In 2014, I will be fearless and finally self-publish a book, no excuses this year. I hope that I'll be able to knock off everything on my to-do list this year and I know that I'm going to have to hustle like no other to pull it all off!
If I could give one piece of advice it would be always say yes to traveling! (and for fellow procrastinators, no Netflixs before noon! )

I hope you enjoyed learning more about Chelsea, she's such a great gal! If your interest is piqued, please head on over to her store, Sketchy Notions, and check out more of her beautiful work (plus some gorgeous Valentines Day cards). You can also find some behind the scenes action on her blog. Sketchy Notions is also on Instagram and Twitter

Thanks so much for joining us today Chelsea, it's been great having you!

Kitty
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Etsy